Samsung Galaxy A50 Review : The Galaxy A series has become even more diversified this year. Samsung has already introduced the Galaxy A10, A20, A30, A40, A50, A70, and A80 smartphones with the focus being on new AMOLED screens and premium camera skills. And our guest of honor – the Galaxy A50
Samsung started its innings in 2019 with the launch of Galaxy M series. The new lineup was Samsung’s move to stand a chance against the likes of Xiaomi, Honor and Realme, etc which have been popular for affordable smartphones. Samsung then introduced its revived Galaxy A smartphone series with the launch of Galaxy A10, Galaxy A30, and Galaxy A50. With this Samsung has now strengthened its game in the affordable smartphone segment.
Adding some display magic :
Where the A51 steps away from its predecessors is in terms of two vital areas – display and camera. The display of the A51 might be a Super AMOLED Full HD+ one like that on the A50s, but it is larger at 6.5 inches and is an Infinity O display. In simple English, that means it comes with a punch hole notch that is far less obtrusive than the drop notches that we have seen on the Galaxy A50 and A50s. And well, it might just be our impression, but we felt that display just seemed more colorful and bright than its predecessors.
Samsung Galaxy A50 specifications
Samsung Galaxy A50
- Body: Gorilla Glass 3 front, plastic frame and back;
- Screen: 6.4″ Super AMOLED; 19.5:9 aspect ratio; FullHD+ (1080 x 2340 px)
- Chipset: Exynos 9610 Octa (10nm), octa-core processor (4xCortex-A73 + 4xCortex-A53), Mali-G72MP3 GPU.
- Memory: 4GB of RAM + 64GB storage / 6GB of RAM + 128GB storage; Up to 512GB microSD card support
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie; Samsung One UI on top
- Battery: 4,000mAh Li-Ion; 15W quick charge
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM/ Single-SIM options available; LTE; USB 2.0 Type-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS + GLONASS + BDS; Bluetooth 5.0; NFC
- Misc: Single bottom-firing speaker, Under-display fingerprint reader
- Display: 6.4-inch, HD+
- SoC: MediaTek Helio P22
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 32/64GB
- Rear cameras: 25 MP, f/1.7, PDAF; 8 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide); 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- Video capture: 1080p@30fps
- Front camera: 25 MP, f/2.0, fixed-focus.
- Crisp and vivid display
- Good Camera
- Capacious battery
- Rear panel is prone to smudges
- Average camera performance in night